Let's go to UGS. Well, check the
Changelog for a full project's evolution. A brief review for the most important
features currently implemented:
- Built around SDL(Simple Direct Layer) and OpenGL, both widely
known multiplataform libraries.
- An object oriented design allowing to have multiple independant objects
on a scene. They can be defined on a hierarchical structure where all the
objects are "children" of a parent (and active) universe, who knows for example
which lights are turn on, which is the active camera, time, etc.
- Almost full featured matrixes, vectors and quaternions support classes.
- Format independant model handler class. We currently support MS3D files,
but it will be easy to include other formats like 3DS
- Volumetric shadows
- Model animations and bones
- A multi-purpose particle system to implement effects like fire,
snown, rain, insects, blood, etc.
- Water simulation
- Procedural trees
- It can play music and sounds, support mod, xm, mp3, ogg vorbis, etc.
- It can load any picture format to make a simple texture.
- Terrain engine, with texture blending, shadow map generated using collision detection, LOD, athmosferic effect.
- Pixel buffer support to have multiple render contexts, using WGL_PBUFFER
and GLX_PBUFFER extensions (win32 and X-window respectively).